- The concept of working in Korean companies is to stay in the office until the boss stays. Hence such people bound to work overtime to impress their bosses.
- Sometimes employees have deadlines approaching hence they have to do overtime to finish their work in time or before time.
- Some people are single or forced bachelor in that city, so no one waiting for them at home, they prefer sitting late in office.
- Some people want to earn money hence they do overtime
- Some people have to submit work until the next day hence they do overtime.
- Sometime people need to study and research some new Technologies hence they do OT to master the techniques or softwares etc.
- Finally some people enjoy staying at office with friends, use the office facilities and hence they do overtime
Even the newspaper article in Korean Herald showed that the employees are wasting almost 50-60% of their daily working time by checking emails. I feel that is due to the long stretched working hours which are extremely monotonous.
Such bosses create a flexible and performance oriented working environment.